The Art of Well Being
The art of well-being ADVANCED SPA ACADEMY
Health is a vibrant state of physical, mental and spiritual well-being. A conscious awareness of the mind-body-spirit connection can enhance your sense of self and help you lead a healthy, balanced and energized life. Take your journey of self-discovery to the next level in this insightful course that explores Aveda’s path to wellness and gives you the knowledge and practical techniques you need to inspire self-transformation. Discover how ancient wisdom and increased knowledge can help you create and achieve personal wellness goals that will enable you to live life to the fullest.
• Aveda’s history of health and well-being • The intimate connection between mind, body and spirit • The four levels of being and how to manage them to maintain a better sense of balance: o Physical o Mental o Emotional o Energetic • Breathing techniques that bridge the gap between mind and body • Healthy eating principles and nutrition practices • Self-care techniques to provide relief from stress and rejuvenate the body • Simple practices and exercises that nurture the mind, body and spirit • Strategies for creating balanced daily routines that promote a healthy life • How to create wellness goals and achieve them • Principles and practical applications that move you toward health and wellness
ITEMS TO BRING:
- Wear comfortable clothes with a loose waistband to facilitate breath and movement practices.
- Bring a yoga mat, large bath towel or blanket. You can also bring any additional support you may need for under your knees or head.
- A two piece swim suit or a pair of loose shorts and tank top exposing as much skin as you are comfortable exposing, in order to be able to perform a full-body dry skin brushing, body scrubbing and body self-massage. In order to receive the full experience and benefit, you need to be able to have access to as much skin of the body as possible.
- Bathrobe and slippers (if you are changing into a two piece swim suit, you can wear the bathrobe and slippers to comfortably transition to the classroom from changing room.
- A notebook and pen/pencil.
- Wear minimal to no makeup as you will be removing it to experience face dry brushing and self-massage.
- Dry facial brush
- Secure natural bristle dry body brushes (no synthetic exfoliating gloves, these can be purchased at Target, Wal Mart, Amazon, Universal Companies or other such related stores).